Wish me luck!!

Dear Diary – January 25, 1993,
Well, hello how are you? I just finished watching the 50th Annual Golden Globes Awards! Which, by the way was a little disappointing. Well, enough about that. You ready for this? I still have my hair! I’m so happy! But, I probably won’t have it much longer. I go to a half day of school tomorrow – and then I go to the hospital for some tests. I am kind of excited for the results since my last tests gave such good news last time. I know it is a fat chance, but I am hoping that the tests will show such good news that the doctor will say I don’t need as many as 12 treatments, and that they can shorten it. Everybody is telling me it’s a long shot, but I can still hope, can’t I? It would make me SO Happy if that could be true.

I know that the most important thing is that I get better, and in a way I am a little grateful for this experience, because it has given me more things to think about, and it has allowed me to grow as a human being. Well, anyway, the day after that (Wednesday) I have another half day at school, and then I go and get chemo. So, wish me luck with the hair issue – once again! Well, I guess I should tell you about my last treatment. Last one wasn’t as good as the one before, but, it was better than the first two. I still threw up about 10 times, but wasn’t too bad. Except, however, for the fit I threw at my mother in the car on the way home from Grandma Lorraine’s. I was mad because nobody was letting me take my time getting better, and they wanted things to be like the time before, and it made me MAD! And, it felt REAL GOOD to scream and yell a little bit, and from now on, I’m going to do it from now on, whenever I feel like it!

I have made a revelation! My revelation is this! I love life, exercise, and FOOD, and most of all being happy, and feeling GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just thought I’d tell you that.

Wish me luck!

Bye for now!
Love, Sarah